Parks on the Air
Category: 🌿 Budding
Tags: POTA, QRP
Parks on the Air (POTA) was founded Sept. 15, 2010, to encourage amateur-radio operators who enjoy the outdoors, but who may not be interested in or able to take long hikes or make steep climbs, to blend their interests by operating from municipal, county, state, provincial and national parks around the world.
Advice on Activating a Park #
- Leave the park better than you found it! Pickup after yourself (and others).
- Be parpared to deal with the outdoors. Bring sun block, bug spray, etc.
- Don’t take a large radio into the field. Say for an example a Yaesu FTdx 3000. 🤣
Equipment I Use for Activations #
- Yaesu FT 891
- MAT TUNER MAT-30 Antenna Tuner
- Random Wire Antenna with LDG RU-9:1 UNUN
- Bioenno Power 12V, 9Ah LFP Battery
Equipment I Previously Used for Activations #
Software I Use for Activations #
- I use HAMRS for logging.